Sunday, November 2, 2008

District Can't Test for Dyscalculia?

I think my daughter has Dyscalculia. The district doesn't have a testing procedure yet. Can you recommend any DVD tutorials I can purchase to help her with Algebra II?

The district needs only assess her for a specific learning disability in mathematics. Ask them to give her a standardized achievement test like the Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement-II (KTEA-II) and to use the error analysis tools. Is she a senior in high school? Is algebra required for graduation? What state and district are you in? The district cannot refuse to evaluate your daughter. Put your request in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment